LOVE THEM. Live in the present. Remember grace abounds. Feed them real food. Let them see you struggle. PRAY LOTS. don't be afraid to let them fail. Ask for forgiveness. BE STILL. LOVE THEM.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Fast Eagle Indian

“The Indians are creeping, shhhh, shhhh!  They do not make a sound as their feet touch the ground.”

This was the entrance song that Bradley or Fast Eagle walked out to and onto stage for his classes Thanksgiving program and feast. 

He really enjoyed it this year being and Indian as opposed to last year being a pilgrim.  Their outfits were neat and I especially liked how he thought of his name along with each child got to come up with their Indian name.  After the performance Bradley held my hand all the way and seated me at my seat which was labeled as the “Woodward Tribe.” He said to me this morning when I dropped him off, “Mom, don’t seat yourself, I am going to seat you at the table when we have the feast!” What a gentleman and I love how they really engrain these things in the kids.  I can always tell what is something he is telling me or if Miss Nina told him over and over again that when he says it back to me it sounds like her.  They really go all out with placemats, table centerpieces and tomato vegetable soup, cornbread muffins, popcorn, chocolate pudding and pumpkin pie with whipped cream.  Yesterday his class even when back to the kitchen and they let the kids help prepare all these special items for the feast.  I really think that is a great hands on teaching experience and Bradley and all the kids are so thrilled with themselves to put on this event for their family who they are thankful for. 

 

Here are the pictures from this very special morning with my own little Indian.

033 

035

He loves being the line leader and got a chance for this special day.  They are making a “no-no” motion with their fingers for “they do not make a sound.”

036

Classic Bradley face when he knows we are looking at him and proud.  It is his happy face trying to break through his bashful, shy, don’t look at me face!

 043

047

051 

Definitely a great way to celebrate how much we are thankful for and just the spirit of Thanksgiving as they bring things back to where it all started with the Pilgrims and Indians eating together.  That is exactly what the room was filled with.  Today and everyday I am very thankful for this bright boy of ours. 

1 comment:

Groovy Grammy said...

Please tell Fast Eagle that Grammy is very proud of him! I feel like I was there to an extent because of your pictures and comments, Em. Thank you, my wonderful daughter.