LOVE THEM. Live in the present. Remember grace abounds. Feed them real food. Let them see you struggle. PRAY LOTS. don't be afraid to let them fail. Ask for forgiveness. BE STILL. LOVE THEM.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Random & Rad

Random pictures that are all so rad is the story of my life with these boys.  Rad meaning so cool, great or awesome.  Just in case you don’t use words like that, sometimes I must explain myself. 

003

What’s laundry day in this house without turning the basket into something other than a basket?  The day they don’t do that is the day I know they are all grown up.  This time instead of a boat or racecar it was a simple seat cushioned with down pillows and complete with a Dr. Seuss pillow and blanket while watching Dino Dan or something!

 008

Fell asleep for nap in the chair. 

011

Bradley still talks to him like, “Oh, Easty, I just love you so much, you are so cute and chunky and I could just kiss you all up!” It never gets old. 

 012

  028

He does get some alone time too. 

018

One rainy day when I laid out this paper and they colored on it all day.  Daddy even had fun with it too.  Calling his drawings “art?” LOL, his humor sometimes ;)  These boys don’t have an artistic chance with the two of us.  Not saying we need an artist but this is just not one of our great gifts.  Aunt Brittany better get here soon and teach them while they are moldable.  I actually saw in one of Bradley’s highlights books a step by step how to draw a horse with shapes and I said “Oh, Bradley this is great.  I can learn too with you!” Loser!

031

One day when we wanted to go to the park anyways.  I got them in somewhat coordinating clothes and attempted to get a group photo of them for Christmas cards.  Here are all the ones (some still good) that did not make the cut. 

038 

039

047 049

After that hard work it was time for a water break. 

033

035

This picture of Gavin is priceless! The funnier part is that I could have put my camera down and helped him get a drink of water.  If I was being a good mommy I wouldn’t even have this picture.  He can’t even reach it to drink even if he would have been able to push the button.  Seeing this picture afterwards was like a “Here’s your SIGN, MOM” moment that I had.  Notice, I said moment.  I will probably go back to neglecting them from time to time still. 

159

 168

175 

010

Easton has become a wonderful eater of so many varieties of food.  I will have to tell you all about it once I do his 11 month post.  I need to do that! He was 11 months on Wednesday. 

017

On a great note, Gavin now sleeps in a “big guy bed!!” Is everyone cheering hooray for him?  We were hesitant since he is the crazy fearless one but he LOVES it and we have not had any more issues than we already did.  He would climb out of his crib so we figured if he climbed out of the bed it would be the same work for us.  He does do that and falls asleep at the foot of the door sometimes.  We have to pry the door open while it moves him and then carry him into bed.  That has happened twice but this is night 5 and he is doing great.  We have a checklist we go down.  He has his 2 tigers and 2 monkeys and blanky. We say prayers and then kisses and love you’s! He is in Bradley’s twin bed and Bradley now sleeps in a double bed.  They are diagonal from each other sharing a room now to sleep! This transition has also NOT disrupted nap time.  He enjoys a good 3 hour nap daily in this bed. 

019

Last but certainly never least, we had some play time with our friends at the park. 

 025

Waiting for Bradley and Sophia to slide down the toys. 

026

Gavin helping him put his shoes on.  Great attempt.  You have to start somewhere!

029

Discussing their plan to get them on and plan C; which is just to boycott wearing shoes all together. 

031

Bradley and Pia coloring. 

See, All RAD stuff!

3 comments:

The Marsh's said...

Those were definitely some "rad" pics!! You are so funny, always good for a morning laugh when I check in on the blog :)

Congrats to Gavin on switching to the big boy bed. He looks SO comfy!!

The T.Goins said...

Love the water fountain pic! So funny...and we all do it = )

lauramarkey said...

Soo cute and look at all eastons lil teeth!!! adorable!