LOVE THEM. Live in the present. Remember grace abounds. Feed them real food. Let them see you struggle. PRAY LOTS. don't be afraid to let them fail. Ask for forgiveness. BE STILL. LOVE THEM.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

9 months old and yard work

Gavin turned 9 months old on the 21st!  As much as I would love for this story to be all about him I just don’t think that will work for our family.  With it growing so big with three boys, I know each one will always have something new to share and I don’t want to blog 3 times each day :)

001

So, he had his standard check up appointment scheduled for today but that ended up getting bumped up to yesterday when he woke up with a fever of 102! In addition he also had pink eye which I discovered Friday afternoon.  We just treated that on our own with drops Bradley had from a while back.  So yesterday at the Doctors a lot happened.  This is what we learned…

Weight: 21 lbs.  50th percentile

Height: 29 inches  75th percentile

Pink eye status- we were doing the right thing and it has now cleared up pretty well.

Fever: His brother shared his viral infection with him.  Wasn’t that nice of him! So with a virus all I can do is let it run its course and pray for this little man to get better soon.  Also, Tylenol, so he can be comfortable not miserable.

Shots: None were scheduled which was good since he had a fever but what happened was worse.  He did have to get a prick on his foot to test iron levels.  This is always standard.  Well, they were low so the doctor wanted to get blood drawn so he could get a Hemoglobin count.  They had a “blood drawer nurse person lady” on staff but she was 0 for 2 that day and had no such luck drawing enough blood.  It was HORRIBLE that they made me hold his arm down and hold him while she tried.  He was screaming his head off and wiggling like crazy.

After that they sent Gavin and I to the hospital next door to have the Professionals do it.  That was much better.  They actually had a designated baby area to draw blood and 3 people did it and I comforted.  Not that it helped.  He only stopped once he was safe in my arms not on the table. 

034

Hospital tag.

037  041

043

With his tagged foot, bandaged arm and the horse they gave him at the hospital for being such a BRAVE baby! He even got another horse for Bradley since those are his favorite.  So thoughtful of him ;)

I get the results tomorrow of his blood work and hopefully all that will result is just giving him liquid iron supplements.  I am frustrated because the doctor mentioned his iron levels could be a result of his diet and I said “Hello! Why do you think I have been trying to get his reflux figured out and stopped!” He spits up 50% of what I give him DAILY and I feel like I limit his food, the colors of it and he would be in a higher percentile if he didn’t have reflux.” I feel like I am going in circles with the doctor on this.  He is now on his second medication to try and get his reflux under control and I have to wait a week for it to kick in! So, we are praying for something to work or for him to just grow out of it quick and for great results! The main thing is that all in all he is healthy and has gained weight consistently so the doctor always brushed off me complaining about spit-up but if its effecting his iron I want to do more for him to help!

At 9 months Gavin is INTO EVERYTHING! He just learned how to climb up the whole flight of stairs.  He is also crawling normal now instead of his old worm crawl.  Pulling up, cruising around things and he has stood on his own for a hot second! He eats shoes, daddy’s hats, toilet paper and pulls cords out from the wall socket.  So not cool and this one isn’t either.  He actually pulls the air vent covers off the floors.  Very Dangerous.  Not to mention he would climb into the fireplace and hang out there if he ever got the chance. 

002

Eating paper money!

009

I can no longer put Bradley’s chores or art work on the bottom of the fridge.  Guess who eats and rips it all up?  This is him when his pink eye was happening.

021

He does love these puffs! He is eating everything and has tried all baby foods but like I said I have since limited intake, trying not to overfeed him, the color because it has stained our carpets and he even spits chunks of food up.  I already have one picky eater in Bradley and I want him to be able to try and eat everything.  he has 4 teeth and 4 more coming in on the top.  I have caught him grinding his teeth too.  EEEEEKKKKKKK!

011

Loves his “da-da” and says it all the time.  He does still say “ma-ma” and “ba-ba” and that’s about it so far. 

012

He likes those hats! Yum! Bradley repeats everything Brad says to Gavin like a mini daddy to him.  Bradley also still doesn’t like to share the attention to much….

013

When Gavin gets it…He loves attention!!!

Lastly, here are just some pictures of Bradley helping Brad do yard work yesterday. 

051 053 057 058

I love how he is looking at him here.  I see a lot of help around the house, yard and cars in our future with 3 boys!

061 

067 

I love my life with my boys!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Look at those handsome boys you have, and yes, I think you will have the best yard on the block with all those boys in the house. Not to mention, little Pia will have lots of protection growing up, haha!