LOVE THEM. Live in the present. Remember grace abounds. Feed them real food. Let them see you struggle. PRAY LOTS. don't be afraid to let them fail. Ask for forgiveness. BE STILL. LOVE THEM.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Becoming a God Chick + the Fair

Over the weekend I went to this really rad women's conference in Ashville.  I know this looks like I wasn't even there but I was so engrossed in all of it that I didn't get my camera out but once.  That one picture with me, my mother-n-law and Holly, I accidentally deleted scrolling through.  Holly is a co-pastor with her husband in a church in Los Angeles, California.  The church that Brad’s parents go to and Brad’s mom was invited to travel with Holly for this special event.  Since Mom W. was in NC I decided to join her.  Joanie and Nathan watched the boys for me since Brad is away on training.  I am very thankful that they did that because I got a lot out of this conference.  It was a grace awakening for me but not just for the grace God has given me because I was pretty aware of that but how I fall short of giving grace to others who need it and deserve grace instead of condemnation. I also was convicted in breaking through barriers and having strength to see things to the end because GOD is my personal bravery, my strength and my Joy.  I loved all of the Divine wisdom from all the speakers and look forward to furthering my journey in becoming a better God Chick.  A woman who is one day unstoppable for God and his will instead of just only needing him. 

 

becomingweb-2

038   holly-bio-pic

If you are interested in this fabulous woman and her conference in sunny California for 2011 than check it out at…

http://www.godchicks.com/media/

Saturday evening I drove from Asheville back to Charlotte to get the boys.  We ended up going to the county fair at 8 at night because it was the last night and we didn’t want to disappoint our children!! It was super packed and CRAZY so again not a lot of picture taking.

007

Gavin just ate, chilled and slept.

020

008

Bradley running away from the camera and he ate all this popcorn!

 013 Bradley loved the tilt-a whirl and it was going so fast I can’t even remove the red eye properly.  He looks so happy yet so crazed!  He also loved the caterpillar roller coaster (no picture) and he went on bumper cars. 

030 034-crop

029-crop

This is what Bradley didn’t do.  He said “Yeah, Mommy that will give me nightmares!” which I knew it would.  He just stared at in scary suspense.  Jackson and his friends went on it and loved it though!

035

036

Here they are reenacting everything!  I would love to go to the fair again one day, not pregnant, on a date with my hubby! If Joanie wasn’t such a chicken on rides this would have been perfect for her and Nathan to do while I watched the kids on rides.  Anyways, we got home so late and crashed and then I drove home Sunday.  It was a wonderful and super busy weekend for me being 7 month pregnant and tired.  I say it every time and yet I am still planning the next road trip while pregnant. 

Oh yeah, and we ate funnel cake!

2 comments:

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

mmmmm, funnel cake. We had that too this weekend. Looks like a fun time. That's funny Bradley new NOT to go in the scarey house.

The Steinhauser Family said...

We didn't even get a funnel cake at the fair :( DEF should have! Love all your pictures!!!