LOVE THEM. Live in the present. Remember grace abounds. Feed them real food. Let them see you struggle. PRAY LOTS. don't be afraid to let them fail. Ask for forgiveness. BE STILL. LOVE THEM.

Monday, June 28, 2010

BFF weekend and blogger friends past

Shannon and her daughter Ava were here over the weekend and we had a wonderful time hanging out, relaxing, catching up and our favorite past time drinking coffee together after staying the night but it was a little different with the kids! As suspected! Shannon and I have been friends since elementary school and we were both in each others weddings.  Its nice to still be able to call her my best friend even though distance can make it hard we will always be there for each other.  They got here late Friday night so it was straight to bed but Saturday was jammed packed fun.  I got a babysitter for Gavin and we went to see Woody, Buzz and the whole gang.  You know what I’m talking about- Toy Story 3!  Then after lunch and naps we went bowling and out to dinner.

 

002

Ava loved Gavin!

003

Playing and waiting to leave for the movie

004

Bradley loved his glasses and his new Buzz shirt.  He has been wearing the glasses every day since. These two loved the movie and were dancing up and down to the credits at the end. 

005

He looks like a little Sci-fi nerd, so funny but so cute!

007

Then it was off to Bowling.  Bradley has been a few times before but this was Ava’s first time.009

and she Loved it.  She jumped up and down for joy every time she rolled the ball. 

014

Who knows what he is thinking? Look at the cool dude shorts he picked out to wear with his shirt.  He was a graphic mess!

016

Then Sunday morning the kids played outside for like 3 hours before they had to get back on the road home.  Ava’s first slip and slide but she loved this too!

018

And of course I did not get a picture of Shannon and I so I thought I would reminisce….

010

We thought we were so CUTE getting professional

JC Penney’s pictures taken in 8th grade. 

012

Then since I didnt get a picture of Brandy and I when she came to visit here it is.  Henson Harmony Babes!

013

Then can you find your blogger friends?  Its me and Brandy at the top and Diana on the left.

015

Diana you didn’t think you were getting off the hook.

016

You are so Not! These were taken at one of my birthday parties from middle school. Go Diana!

017

Lastly, from high school, Patty its your turn! Another blogger friend.  You were and all are great friends!

7 comments:

Nicki said...

Those old school pictures were so funny... I'm so glad you posted them!! :)

Lindsay said...

Tell Shannon I said HI! I miss her! :) Ava is beautiful - she looks just like her mommy!

The Marsh's said...

Wow, Ava looks just like a little mini shannon!!

Haha, can't believe you posted those pictures!! That was great!!

Diana said...

OMG that is TOOOO funny!!

The Baldwin Family said...

So funny! We thought we were so cool. Nerds.

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

I can't believe how much Ava looks JUST like Shannon. I haven't seen Shannon in years.

Those pictures are so funny!! Especially D. ha ha

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

I can't believe how much Ava looks JUST like Shannon. I haven't seen Shannon in years.

Those pictures are so funny!! Especially D. ha ha