LOVE THEM. Live in the present. Remember grace abounds. Feed them real food. Let them see you struggle. PRAY LOTS. don't be afraid to let them fail. Ask for forgiveness. BE STILL. LOVE THEM.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ordinary is in the Unordinary

These are some pictures from this past week and as I was looking at my children do the crazy and cute things they do I realized I am NOT your average mom and we are not your typical family.  Boys will be boys and I am a mom of boys that has adapted to that and is trying every day to learn what they need to thrive and how God made them unique.  Also, being married to the wonderful military husband that I am, I don’t think you can be normal in this lifestyle and it takes a special woman I think to be able to roll with the punches and change their lives often or be a single mom in essence, a lot (and I’m not just talking about me being that special woman, so many are).  I am however, a very easy going mom in many ways and here are just a few.  Don’t get me wrong I do cringe at some of these things but I pick my battles and let some of them happen.  Mainly in regard to Bradley but these pictures of Gavin are of his progress these days and all the fun he is having exploring.  He is 8 months now as of 2 days ago and he is saying “ma-ma” and “da-da” and “ba-ba” for his bottle. 

 

001

I let him fly like Superman off the kitchen table.

004

005

He skates in the house since its not dirty.

008

He takes blood baths.  Just kidding, it’s red bath crayons!

009

He eats on the table so he can have his legs out wrapped in his alien bath towel, not his blanket.

014

because these are things that make him happy!

044

Was I not supposed to give him the sharp corn holders? I did because he thought they were neat! This is believe it or not his first corn on the actual cob. 

018

He drags everything out, blankets, pillows and cushions to build forts and play. 

Now on to Gavin….

013 

He loves sweet potato french fries!

016

He has been doing this for the past couple of weeks.  Trying to get leverage on small things to stand.

041

Then he got a little higher.

022

Then he did this!!!

025

Look, one hand!

028

Then I got our table back from a friend and although he hasn’t climbed up this yet.  He is in heaven standing!

035 037

038

See, he LOVES it!

Lastly, I leave a BQOTD. 

“ Good job, You did It!  I like you Gavin and I like playing with you and I’m your best friend Gavin.”

He said this after he was so excited for him that he sat down from playing on his music table gracefully without falling. 

3 comments:

The Marsh's said...

I'm totally taking that "pick your battles" approach too, it helps me not to be so panicky about everything, and also gives this wild boy some freedom...to be a boy! You're such a good Mommy, I'm learning a lot from you watching you raise your boys :)

McNab Family said...

Looks like there having fun! There getting so big and cute, of course!

tiffabbey said...

Happy kids are healthy kids and happy and healthy kids makes for a happy and healthy mom. You are doing such a great job with them!!