LOVE THEM. Live in the present. Remember grace abounds. Feed them real food. Let them see you struggle. PRAY LOTS. don't be afraid to let them fail. Ask for forgiveness. BE STILL. LOVE THEM.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Weekend Warriors

This weekend flew by so fast during our visit to Charlotte to see Bubba, Joanie and Jackson.  I left Friday at noon and came home last night.  The boys did so great in the car.  It was actually my first mini road trip with just me and them.  They both slept both ways, very dreamy deal!  We decided to go to get away since I had no plans and I have also been needing some help with them lately and a break from the 24/7 mommy hood.  A break I did get! I watched Jackson half the day Friday and took all three kids to the pool then Saturday Nathan took all three kids to the pool while Joanie, Laura and myself had a girls get a way for like 5 hours.  We got pedicures, had lunch and went SHOPPING! It was a nice treat.  We really wished we could have witnessed Nathan with three kids at the pool though.  He did great and no one got hurt or burnt! I didn't get many pictures because it was so hot that I stayed in the pool with either Bradley or Gavin every time I was there. 

013

Before we left. Gavin in his HD doo rag and tank top looking very redneck!

014

I packed everything but the swim trunks! I will ALWAYS forget something.  This time I remembered the vest and Gavin's hat but not Bradley's swim trunks so he wore Jacksons.  Of course he crossed his arms over his Superman vest. 

018

Gavin showing Aunt Joanie his hat.

023

Where am I?  Bradley so exhausted after a long day at the pool. 

024

031

Part of our shopping was picking up Laura's wedding dress.  She is getting married in September and I think I am going to take her wedding pictures for her! Oh Geez! I made her try the dress on for me. 

046

Bradley checking out the princess in her “wipe” dress.  The boy cant say white for some reason!

040

Jackson and his Aunt “Wa-Wa” smile for a pre wedding photo.

041

Jackson fed Gavin his whole bottle for bed.

051

This is all the boys exhausted Saturday night.

052

Popsicles in Pajamas.  Joanie definitely always spoils Bradley and he knows it so he asked for a popsicle after breakfast on Sunday morning. 

056

We had a wonderful time.  Bradley loves hanging out with his big cousin Jackson and loves getting spoiled there.  Thanks Bubba and Joanie! Now on to our countdown until Daddy gets home!  I don’t know exactly when it is but we are in the home stretch!

1 comment:

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

Sounds like a nice get-a-way!! The wedding dress is lovely!!