LOVE THEM. Live in the present. Remember grace abounds. Feed them real food. Let them see you struggle. PRAY LOTS. don't be afraid to let them fail. Ask for forgiveness. BE STILL. LOVE THEM.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Family Reunion

This Weekend the boys and I went home to Maryland for the annual family reunion that is a tradition of my Grandmas.  We had a wonderful time but I came home so exhausted.  I feel like I drove 6 hours to chase my kids around or deal with tantrums when I could have done that at home.  The time I wasn’t doing something for my children they were having fun and I was enjoying catching up with family that I love but life has made them distant relatives.  Which is why my Grandma is insistent that this shindig doesn’t stop.  Here are some pictures.  Apparently, it was all about the kids and I didn't get pictures with the grown ups and me like I wanted to.

019

021 

Friday, driving to get there.  Gavin’s first time in his new ride!

022

Once we arrived at my cousin Jen’s house, Gavin bathed in this farm sink I dream of having one day!

024

025

033 

053

Then I had my first and probably only share of Maryland crabs this summer.  They were sooo delicious!

054  056

The next morning  we prepared for the party and Gavin stood up for the task too!

059

The first thing I got my hands on was Olivia, my beautiful niece.  She is the sweetest thing!

062

Gavin’s Great Great 91 year old Aunt Ruth feeding him.  This is my grandmother’s sister. 

075

 

077

082

083

084

  So Yummy!

106

095

All the kids had so much fun, including Bradley, on these 3 water slides.  Equipped with basketball and water guns. Nieces Allison, above and Aubrey, below.

099

The women played bat mitten too and that was fun.  I lost but you should have seen my pregnant butt running for those birdies.  Then, as evening came, the kids got silly and we enjoyed some fireworks.  Bradley used headsets because they were too loud.

119 

121

133 

113

4 comments:

Nicki said...

Glad you finally got some MD Crabs!! :)

Liz said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Give Bradley a kiss for me. Hope he gets better.

The Marsh's said...

Awww I love the pictures of Gavin in the sink and eating the watermelon!! What a cutie :)

The Kmieciak's said...

It was great seeing you as always! Aubrey and Olivia loved playing with their cousins and seeing thier Auntie Em! We miss you already and can't wait to see you again! Great pics!