LOVE THEM. Live in the present. Remember grace abounds. Feed them real food. Let them see you struggle. PRAY LOTS. don't be afraid to let them fail. Ask for forgiveness. BE STILL. LOVE THEM.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful for my Pilgrim Boy

 

022

had his Thanksgiving performance and Thanksgiving feast for the parents at school on Wednesday.  The performance as pilgrims was first and him along with his class sung songs titled….

“The Pilgrims are Coming, Hoorah, hoorah! “

“Hello Mr. Turkey, How are you?  With a Gobble, Gobble, Gobble and a Wobble, Wobble, Wobble”

“Gobble, Gobble, Gobble, A Turkey am I.  I’m not here for Singing, I’m here for Thanksgiving…”

“1 little, 2 little….5 little Pilgrims…and all of the pilgrims said a thanksgiving blessing!”

“You put the Turkey In, You take the Turkey Out, You mash the mashed potatoes and you shuck the yellow corn and then you thank the Lord, Amen!”

Then after the fourth grade class performed they said to us their prayer that they say everyday in class for snack which is….”For food to eat and friends to Love, We thank You Lord our Father above, Amen.”

Next the Flag came out and they said the Pledge of Allegiance and “Our Country ‘Tis of Thee” which they also do everyday.  Pretty awesome I think! Bradley did very good through all of it.  He still had his little nervous habit in the beginning but he was looking for me in the crowd and smiled when he saw me.  Once it was time to sing he did just that and got into the fun without being nervous.  Our little man is growing up so handsomely!

004

Walking to line up with Pia.

005

Mrs. Debbie fixing them standing, like teachers do :)

DSC_0026-2010-11-17-19-49 DSC_0028-2010-11-17-19-49

DSC_0032-2010-11-17-19-49 DSC_0035-2010-11-17-19-49 DSC_0036-2010-11-17-19-49 DSC_0042-2010-11-17-19-49 DSC_0045-2010-11-17-19-49

Checking to make sure he knows exactly where Pia is!

DSC_0050-2010-11-17-19-49

Our little Pilgrim & Me

Once I arrived home we organized all his stuff…..

     012

A half turkey half pilgrim Bradley.  So cute! This is a centerpiece that we will be saving for all the Thanksgivings to come so we can always remember his sweet face!

020

He was showing me all his turkey hands that he made table placemats for our family! So sweet, but I cut them up since I didn’t think they would last and were not cooking Thanksgiving dinner at my house this year.

017 

He helped me decorate the mantle with all his Thanksgiving art.

024

The final product so we aren’t looking at my beach picture every season.  We didn’t get too crazy since Christmas things will be going up the day after Thanksgiving.  I hope to be able to decorate for Christmas before the baby gets here so we can have a very special holiday as a family of 5!

4 comments:

The Marsh's said...

Awwwww that is SO cute, he looks like he did so well during the performance, you must have been so proud ;)

The Steinhauser Family said...

I love the little handprint Turkeys, they are so cute!! It looks like did so good in his performance :)

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

He is the cutest pilgram I have every seen!!

Nicki said...

Love all of his Thanksgiving goodies!! :) They looked so cute in their school performance!