LOVE THEM. Live in the present. Remember grace abounds. Feed them real food. Let them see you struggle. PRAY LOTS. don't be afraid to let them fail. Ask for forgiveness. BE STILL. LOVE THEM.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, you know those days where you turn another year older?  That was yesterday for me.  My 27th birthday! I know to the older and wiser they would say “that is SO young” but I couldn’t help but feel all of my age yesterday and maybe a little more.  My wonderful husband, 3 adorable children and close friends and family helped to counteract those feelings yesterday in what turned out to be a highlight birthday.

It was on a Wednesday and in the life of a stay at home mom that doesn't leave you with much glamour ability for your birthday but this is my Oh SO SPECIAL way of life that I love.  It was the simple sweet ways that made this birthday great for me. I tried to get some chores done Tuesday, which I did, so besides rotating laundry in and out of the machines, loading a few dishes and picking up the occasional cheerio of the floor, I didn’t lift a finger for housework! I dropped Bradley off at school in the morning and treated myself to Starbucks.  Pumpkin latte since I do heart my October birthday and all things Octobery.  I came home and listened to silence as Bradley and Easton napped.  That little me time was nice.  When I picked up Bradley from school we met Liz with the kids at C Cups Cupcakery for some lunch.  The two cupcakes each we shoveled in our mouths were our lunch.  Thanks Liz for that treat! We know I love cupcakes (as most people do, who can resist their charm! ) to the point where Brad calls me cupcake, so this was the perfect birthday treat.  It could have ended there but it got better!  We went to the park and relaxed and chatted with some mommy friends. 

For dinner Brad picked me up Ledo’s pizza.  An extra special birthday gift was Bradley ate his very first entire piece of pizza like a normal child without complaining.  Having it be Ledo’s was breaking him in right! I used my girly birthday “queen of her castle” plate that will always be my signature plate since no one else would ever be caught eating off pink things in this house.  Then Brad put a candle in a hostess cupcake for my dessert and him, Bradley and Gavin started to sing me Happy Birthday.  As I was about to eat my cupcake Brad said “Wait, one more thing!” and handed me my REAL birthday cake.  White chocolate raspberry Cheesecake from Olive Garden.  He knows me too well and I totally fell for his trick.  I was secretly thinking  “I need to be gracious and thankful for this hostess cupcake, but this is not at all what I wanted!” The cupcakes were for the boys and I indulged once AGAIN! I literally ate my way through my birthday.  Brad got me a card and I get a day completely off soon from mommy hood to go gallivanting and see what I get into or what things I may buy.  YES! Here are my birthday pictures and I hope everyone had a great day on MY Birthday Too! Oh and I have to give a shout out to Patty, my life long birthday buddy…HAPPY BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY SWEET FRIEND!

 

 015

DSC_3352

DSC_3356

DSC_3361

DSC_3364

018024

020

025

026

029

030

THANKS for all my family who called, sent me cards and gifts! Thank you Brad for making this a special birthday for me.  I was blessed to be spoiled with my favorite things more than I normally am.  Even if I wasn’t though the day and everyday is perfect when my family is in it!

5 comments:

Liz said...

I had a great time celebrating your big special day! I enjoyed every bite of it. ;) Glad you had a good time, and I knew Brad would come up with something cute for you. Happy Happy Birthday!!

lauramarkey said...

Aw so sweet! Happy Birthday Im so glad you had such a wonderful day! And i almost commented on that pizza picture on facebook I was like wow its that bradley eating pizza! :)awesome!!

Diana said...

Happy Birthday :) Sounds like you enjoyed your day, glad you did because you deserve it :)

The Marsh's said...

Happy Birthday!!! (A few days late!) I love your note to yourself on the chalkboard! The story of your birthday celebrations was fun to read, what a good husband you have!

gigi said...

What a terrific day! Cupcakes + cheesecake + your gorgeous fam = total win! :)